DRINKING ALCOHOL TAUGHT ME HOW TO FLY
THEN IT TOOK AWAY THE SKY

Saturday, October 23, 2010

WATER EVERYWHERE???

To Nature she gave birth
In that Creative moment
Of dancing and mirth

Ah! Nature! See?
Just to be...dancing

She
Takes water from the sea
Filters, clears, makes clean
To return in waves of rainy sheen
Down and back to you and me.

Dance...dance in the rain




It is the grandest scheme
Greater than greatest dream--
This process of extraction
Reconditioning
Using again and again

...while dancing in the rain

To dampen
With sweet
Wetness

To nurture
For growing
And sustenance

Reason to dance--wet

It is the milk
Which our Mother
Dispenses

For dancing

For future
Assuredness
Of life's
Continuance.

--steveroni

10 comments:

Lyn said...

Love this one.."using again and again"..karma lets me go there...
Singing and dancing in the rain!!

Brian Miller said...

smiles. playful take on the rain...i like to dance in it...to jump in the puddles...and if nature can recycle we can too , right?

Kristen Haskell said...

Steveroni- that is really beautiful:) btw part two of Framescape is up. K

RNSANE said...

I remember running and dancing in the rain as a child but haven't done it as an adult...guess I should let my inner child run free and cavort in the rain once in awhile - except we get our rain in the winter and it's a bit chilly!

I love this poem, Steve. It's wonderful.

Kay said...

what a dance... it's been too long... :)

Silver said...

I can almost see myself dancing with joy in the rain... beautiful, beautiful !

Dulçe ♥ said...

Brian mentions recycling...
there I go.Or.. I don't know!

This poem seems to have -to me- a double goal and possibly inspiration.

She, being Nature, she, being the one in the rain of that amazing picture...dancing with you and giving you as much as Mother Nature can give.

Love it

You rock Steeeve
:)

Peace

Syd said...

We need rain here for sure. I will gladly dance in it if it comes.

Bing Yap said...

what a refreshing piece! this is lovely! :)

Beachanny said...

Steve...I couldn't even leave a comment in the latest comment box. I scrolled too far down. Ck my note on your Flash Fiction Friday post. Liked this poem though - rain dancing brings in all that nature and joy. Talk to you soon. Gay